Sunday 21 July 2013

L'Oreal Paris 3 in 1 Micellar Solution

Hello lovely! Today I'd like to talk about the brand new Micellar Soluton from L'Oreal Paris. 



This is billed as a 3 in 1 purifying micellar solution that does the following:

1. Dissolves make-up

2. Unclogs pores and removes impurities

3. Tones and soothes skin
 
It's hypo allergenic and suitable for sensitive skin. It's designed to be used on the face, eyes and skin. 


Much like the Bioderma H2O, which I love, it is a solution that feels like a water on your skin but acts as a make up remover, toner and general skin soother all in one. 

All you need to do is pop a little on a cotton wool pad and sweep it over your eyes and face in order to remove your make up, any excess oil and impurities.

What's a micellar solution, I hear you ask...

Well, it's a bit of a 'buzz word' in the beauty community at the moment. And being on the geeky side of the beauty world, you know I'd be interested in the technical specs. 

Imagine a molecule cluster with 2 ends, this is a micelle. One end of the cluster loves water (hydrophilic), the other end hates it (hydrophobic) so once a micelle is put into a water solution, the molecule clusters group to form a spherical shape that on the outside loves water and on the inside hates it. 

When this comes in contact with the skin, the micelle spheres split open and when it's pulled away, the sphere closes again. During this process the cluster grabs whatever isn't water from the skin - so it basically lifts up make up, traces of dirt and oil with this little scientific wonder of a process. Cool, right? 

I have to say, scientifically cool or not, I want to shout about this product from the rooftops a little bit because I LOVE it. I've already recommended it to a dozen people and even purchased it for someone because I just know that they need this product in their life. 

The normal price is £4.99 but at the moment in Boots it has an introductory price of £3.33 and I think I'll be stocking up on a few bottles because this is a definite new staple in my daily routine. 

If you're looking for a Bioderma dupe or a new make up remover, I couldn't recommend this enough. And for the price, what have you got to lose? 

Pick one up next time you're in Boots and let me know what you think.

Always Geek, Forever Chic,
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...